Monday 4 April 2011

Chain piecing production line

I think I got a bit carried away with my chain piecing. There I was laying out my pieces and then wizzing them through the machine ...


... when I suddenly realised there was a pile-up. Turns out sewing 320 squares onto 320 rectangles make a large tangle of fabric


Still, you've got to love how quickly you can get through those blocks. A bit of slicing, a lot of pressing, a little bit more sewing and voilĂ !  The first 5 blocks of my second bear paw quilt:


It's quite hard to tell in the photo but they are 5 different shades of cream and beige from the oatmeal jelly roll.  They pick out the bits of confetti in the background fabric perfectly. Here's a close up of the lightest and darkest so you can see better


Hope it turns out as well as I think it will. I'm off to meet my mum for lunch. Happy Mother's Day to all those mums out there x

3 comments:

  1. Don't you just love chain piecing? You really can just get going and get a ton done... which you did! They look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to be lovely!

    ReplyDelete