Monday 21 March 2011

Getting close to the end

It's taken a really long time to squeeze in these blocks between lectures, coursework and the general craziness of university life but I finally have a finished pile!


I hadn't realised how large this quilt was going to be until I saw the finished pile of blocks. I couldn't find the space to lay them out until I moved all the furniture in the kitchen to the outside of the room and started playing around on the floor. This attracted the attention of my flatmates so we spent a fun afternoon bonding over arrangements. It took a while, there is a lot of blue and green to disperse throughout the top but we go there in the end.


Look how excited Maria was:


I also found out that my maths isn't as good as it should be or, alternatively, I thought there were 40 squares in a layer cake instead of 42. Either way it turns out I made 4 too many blocks which worked out well because I didn't really like these ones, a little to 70s for my liking.


Now to find the time to zip them together and then I can move on to something else. As much as I love this top it seems to have been going on for ages!

1 comment:

  1. This quilt top is beautiful. Lots of work! You should make a lovely 70s retro cushion from the remaining four blocks and gift them to someone who will appreciate their style and your handiwork!

    ReplyDelete