Sunday 9 October 2011

Brain fart

I've missed making quilts so much but yesterday I finished the final small item for sale so I get to sew a great big quilt again! Have you ever wondered what was going on with the Frosted Window Panes quilt that's been on my sidebar for 2 years and is still at 0% progress? Me too. I figured it was about time I made a start.

I sprang out of bed this morning and pulled out my bag of fabric and started reading the instructions and matching up the fabrics to the ones in the pattern.

I found I have:

20" of 4 different blue prints

12" of 3 different cream prints

12" of 4 different pink prints

20" of 3 green prints, 12" of one of them and a yard of the bottom one in the picture (huh?) 

They seem odd amounts and it's even odder when you compare them to the amounts in the instructions. They just don't match up at all.  It asks for:

  • 1 1/2 yards of assorted reds
  • 1/3 + 5/8 yard of assorted blues
  • 1 3/4 + 1/3 yard assorted greens
  • 2 3/4 yards assorted creams
  • 1/3 + 3/4 yard assorted browns

I really struggle with the weird imperial measurements but they don't even add up to the total amount I need. I'm about a yard of fabric short.

I love the fabrics but I really can't be bothered to figure out what my 2-year-ago self was planning to do so, after 2 years the Frosted Window Panes quilt is going out the window.

It is now being renamed the shabby chic quilt and will be designed this week.

2 comments:

  1. The fabric is lovely. It'll be nice to make your own design for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love shabby chic! Cannot wait to see this one come around...

    ReplyDelete