Thursday 8 July 2010

A distraction before I go entirely insane

I've been hand quilting this wedding quilt for so long I've completely forgotten what it's like to cut and piece!  I come in form work everyday, I plonk myself down in my little corner and I sew:


Look at that vain kitty.  Always doing her hair!

It's come to the point when I just can't face sitting in that seat a night longer so I signed up for my very first  block swap at the Missouri Star Quilt forum.  The theme is very loose but it has to be summery and it has to use floral fabrics.  I had a spare hour so I drove up to The Fat Quarters and bought some gorgeous Tilda fabrics.


I chose them because they aren't available in America so it'll be a nice treat for the other ladies (I hope).  Now if I can just finish the block I'm hand quilting I can start cutting!  (I feel like a surgeon who's been denied time in the OR).

2 comments:

  1. I didn't catch that it needed to be 'summery'. I am glad that I saw this! I haven't picked my fabric yet, so I need to get to doing that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O pretty. I cant wait to see what the block will look like in person. AKA middlesis1966, lol. I figured I better put that incase your like whose this Paula chic.

    ReplyDelete