Friday 13 August 2010

My first Block Swap

I'm very excited to be taking part in my first block swap through the Missouri Star Quilter's Forum.  The instructions were very simple (a must for a first timer) - make 12 12" finished blocks in a summery floral fabric, keep 1 and post the other 11 over to America.  I think I can handle that.


After months of sitting in a corner hand quilting it felt good to get cutting again.  300 2" squares, 96 2"x3.5" rectangles, 48 2"x5" rectangles.  I feel ridiculously excited, too excited to sleep, so I started sewing.  My lovely neat piles became this:


Not so neat.  I can't leave them like that or it'll probably become a kitty nest over night so more work before I can sleep.


That's better, sleepy time now zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment