Thursday 9 September 2010

Harrogate Quilt Show

This weekend I took my mum to the quilt show at Harrogate.  We found some bargains, ogled and some gorgeous quilts and took a class in Trapunto and Italian quilting which was interesting but a little rushed.  Here's a pick of the quilts from the competition:


I love the 3D effect of the shelf in the quilt on the left and the quilt on the right got me into the Christmas mood  so I bought a pile of Christmas fabric. 


The quilt above shows that you don't need fancy patterns or bright colours to make an impact. 

The class we took was only an hour and a quarter long so we didn't get to finish our blocks but we were sent away with all of the bits and pieces to finish off our butterflies.



I'm kind of liking how it's turning out but I have no idea what I'm going to do with him.  Maybe a cushion cover?

1 comment:

  1. Glad you and your Mom had a great time at the show. Quilting is a great hobby!!

    Keep it going!!

    Douglas Eagleson
    President
    Kona Bay Fabrics
    http://www.konabay.com

    ReplyDelete