Wednesday 13 July 2011

Work In Progress Wednesday

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

My plan for doing a colour way every evening didn't work out. Once I'd started cutting and piecing I just couldn't stop. It seems to be ages since I cut fabric, I've been so busy quilting tops I had lying around. So on Monday evening I finished the red colour way (apart from trimming)


And then last night I sat down to do the next batch... First I thought, well I might as well cut them all out so that I can just piece a few every night:


Then when I started sewing and I kept telling myself just a few more, just a couple more, oooh I wonder what the checks look like:


So now they're all done and chopped up and I now have an epic pressing session ahead of me. Time to find something good on the TV to watch while I do it:

10 comments:

  1. Ambitious and VERY PROMISING. love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HeeHeeHee... You are going to have 'sew' much 'fun' pressing. Definitly put in a movie for that one, LOL! I just finished my 84 blocks (in my post for today), and I was about ready to give up before finishing the pressing. Can't wait to see all those little burgers pressed and laid out!
    ~Kimberlee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch. That's going to be a LONG pressing session! But they'll look great when done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The stacks are impressive! Have fun pressing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I learned something new today hopping around...and that is how to sew the squares like that then cut them. I would have made the triangles and then sewed those!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehe!! Good work! My ironing board lives in a corner of the front room so I can always flip a movie on for pressing sessions. (Only keep 1 TV in the house)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, if it weren't for that darned ironing, quilting would go much quicker, wouldn't it! My MIL says she always sewed more with her iron and seam ripper than the sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. look at those perfectly pretty stacks!!!! Happy pressing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, such pretty stacks of HSTs! They are a lot of work but totally worth it in the end. Good luck! And thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

    ReplyDelete