Sunday 11 December 2011

Put down the mouse and step away from the computer

I decided to use one of the Missouri puzzle blocks for my competition quilt:



It seems simple enough and eye catching. I thought I would use an unusual setting to give it a bit of a twist but I'm not sure if it might be a little bit too complicated.


There comes a time, however, when you just need to stop faffing on the computer and actually pick up the fabric. I hope it turns out ok.

Just between us, if somebody asked my to describe my taste in quilts I'd find it really difficult. I like traditional and modern, new and old, bold and subdued. The one thing I can definitively say is that I do not like this range. It reminds me of bed and breakfast dust ruffles - yuk!

1 comment:

  1. I am that way too. I do like some old, and some new. But it just depends. And I get tired of things. Like all the bright pink stuff out anymore. I am kind of tired of pink. I do like blue and yellow together but probably not that line of fabric. It does look 80's I think.

    ReplyDelete