Thursday 1 December 2011

WIP Wednesday No. 13

Mum's Quilt Top - Complete
It feels good to get something finished, even if it is just the top.


The plan for this week is to get this quilted and bound. I can't decide whether to take it in to work and long-arm it or just do some straight line quilting at home. I'm still too scared to free-motion on my machine at home.

Hexalong
I picked another odd colour combination to tackle this week. Kaffe Fassett is known as the master of colour... Sienna and magenta? Really Kaffe?


A touch of violet seemed to work well. It's never going to be my favourite block but it looks nice with the others. I don't know whether I'm doing something wrong, it takes me all evening to do one block. I'm sure it should be quicker than that.

I now have 7 star blocks;


two striped blocks;


and a lonely mini hexagon block


At this rate it's going to take me years to finish this up. This week I'm going to concentrate on striped blocks because I can do those much quicker. Hopefully I can get at least two made up this week.



No progress projects


Why not pop over to Freshly pieced to see what everyone else is up to this Wednesday. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey, and you will feel caught up because those striped ones are tomorrow's design :)

    ReplyDelete