Tuesday 23 November 2010

Rural Jardin coming together

I finally got a chance to squeeze in a bit of sewing between lectures and coursework and have managed to get all my bear paw blocks stitched together in rows. Here are 4 out of the 5 rows pinned up on my notice board (the fifth didn't fit)


I really like the neutral plain in the background, it goes a long way to offset the busyness of some of the prints. These strips will be sashed together with the same width sashing as the separate blocks and then bordered with a double width strip.

I think the "paws" themselves have come out quite well. They look a little disjointed with the large prints:


But I think they work really well with the smaller, more even prints:


I'm going to leave these up on the board so that I see them constantly, Hopefully that will encourage me to get them finished sooner!

2 comments:

  1. Jill,
    Your Bears Paw is fantastic. I love the beige background! It really sets all the blocks off. Great project!! =)

    ReplyDelete