Sunday 28 November 2010

Snow day! (or possibly week)

It's snowed heavily here for 4 days so far which means that I can't work on my research project. In hindsight doing a project on soil treatment over the winter in the North of England may not have been the best plan.

It's left me with a lot of time on my hands which has been spent on my laptop in the college bar. I check the Daily Deal on the Missouri Star Quilt Company's site regularly and the other day they had an offer I couldn't turn down:


It's a Jelly roll of It's a Hoot fabrics by MoMo for Moda. The colours are so fun, they really cheered up my grey miserable snow day so I had a play around with my coloured pencils...


...and ordered it, along with a solid white jelly roll. I think it will make a really great quilt! My coloured scribbles attracted a bit of attention in the bar (the American Football players were particularly nosy) and when I explained what I was doing they all wanted a go. This was Ryan's design


Apparently the red block at the bottom has to have pictures of all of us. Not sure he's quite got the hang of quilt design.

2 comments:

  1. LOL...I sure miss talking with you. Gotta love those adventures of yours with the American Football players. What a Hoot it would be to see them all quilting next!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi There hope you are coping with the freezing temps in Durham...Happy Christmas Liv x

    ReplyDelete