Tuesday 27 September 2011

Jobs are like buses....

... you wait 3 months for one and then three come along at once.

I'm struggling to get anywhere near my computer at the moment. My 4 days a week at work have turned into 6 days, the owner of my LQS is really pushing me for tea cosy patterns and my big sister thought she would help me out by taking orders for stuffed animals and tea cosies from the girls she works with.

Add to that my general lack of organisation and you end up with a scene like the one below (you may have to click on it to get the full force of the chaos)


Is there any wonder I can't get online to blog? A plan is needed and I figure if I write it down here then I'll have to follow through. So bear with me and I promise I'll post every day to prove that I'm on track.

Planned timetable
  • This evening: finish assembling random stuffed animal parts into a fully formed sheep
  • Tomorrow evening: press and trim 108 HST and start making a goose
  • Wednesday evening: finish constructing the goose and redesign tea cosy shape
  • Thursday evening: knitting club! Finish tea cosy shell
  • Friday evening: get drunk and fall over (Maria's birthday)
  • Saturday: nurse hangover, line tea cosy. make an elephant.
  • Sunday: finish quilting Strawberry Patch
It looks like I'm in for a busy week but I've made a start. Here's a picture of the finished sheep:


One animal down, two to go. Hopefully by next Monday I'll feel a lot less swamped.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with getting your work done! And can I just say that I love how you have scheduled time for some fun, AND recovery?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yay! It might be stressful but it is all fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Friday night looks like the best bet!! Good luck with your schedule!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is adorable. The Quilting cave beckons though...

    ReplyDelete