Fishy Fish Fish mark 2 (really need to think of a better name) is almost done. I'm just finishing hand sewing the binding on the front.
There are a couple of differences from the first Fishy Fish Fish:
- The scales are 1 1/2 times the size, which means it no longer takes 90+ scales to make him up. Definitely an improvement.
- I fussy cut a large polka dot for his eye.
- The lining is fitted inside and then a binding sewn around the bottom. The original version had the lining folded around the outside. The new version is much neater but was very fussy to do so I'm not sure which version to go for in the final pattern.
I've also started my monkey tea cosy and drawn up a new design for an elephant. This was a request from big sister who is absolutely elephant addicted.
Only two hexies this week; a blue and green spot and a magenta pink stripe.
- Neutral jelly roll bear paws - Still waiting to be basted and quilted (come back tomorrow for exciting news about this)
- It's a hoot - Finally made a decision (I think) to make a friendship braid
- Strawberry Patch - Slowly quilting around the blocks. Check the side bar for progress.
- Frosted window panes - It's a mystery where that pattern has gone!
- Antique quilt - No progress at all
Jill - a work in progress?
Pop back tomorrow to hear about some big decisions and some exciting news.