Wednesday 2 November 2011

WIP Wednesday No. 10

Shabby Wedding Rings
I have pieced 6 of the curved sections for my double wedding ring quilt.


The pattern I am using is made up of 4 rings by 4 rings but I think I'm going to expand it so it's more bed sized. In total I need to piece 60 curves so I'm 10% there. That doesn't seem so bad.

Hexalong
I've made one more hexagon, using fussy cut flowers from a Faffe Fassett fabric.


It took me a couple of evenings but I'm very proud of it. So proud, I think I'm going to order some fat quarters of the floral in a couple of different colourways so I can do some more. I think these three would give a good balance:



No progress projects
Finishes
  • None :(

Why not pop over to Freshly pieced to see what everyone else is up to this Wednesday.

5 comments:

  1. I love the fabrics you are using in your double wedding ring quilt and your hexagon is wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. JUST BEAUTIFUL DOUBLE WEDDING RING BLOCKS!
    HAPPY QUILTING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those will be great hexagon colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I followed you here after your comment on Janine (rainbow hare)'s snow quilting. I love the fabrics you are using for the shabby wedding ring, really pretty. And I think your blog background is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm paper piecing wedding ring arcs this week, too. Totally love the little hexie!

    ReplyDelete